- 50 is percentage who have journalistic experience in the mainstream media
- 42 is the percentage of women
- 38 to 1 is the range of years of work experience in fields that include IT, film making, tourism management, art curating, public relations, marketing and education
- 21 is the average years that the professional journalists have plied their trade
- 8 is the percentage of participants from outside the UK
- 100 is the number of exceptionally creative individuals who plan to meet up from June 15-17 to spend 48 (or so) hours in the Media Factory in Preston with the express aim of working together to find innovative ways to build sustainable news enterprises.
While the discussions during MADE Startup Weekend will be subject to the Chatham House Rule ("We need to have a safe space for entrepreneurs to share sensitive information in confidence," said Nel), participants are being encouraged to share their own stories.
The first call for participation in the MADE:Turkey Startup Weekend is expected to go out in the coming month.